- We DO NOT guarantee equal playing time on any team. Playing time is left to the discretion of the coach. Penn Highlands has the philosophy that payments are for instruction during practices.
- Coaching decisions are non-negotiable.
- No parent or family member may approach any PHVBC coach at any tournament, practice, by email, or phone regarding any issue pertaining to coaching decisions, teams or individual play. Players are encouraged to talk with their coach regarding any team concerns.
- Parents and players must positively represent Penn Highlands by conducting themselves in an appropriate and respectful manner to all PHVBC coaches, board members, players, parents, opposing teams, opposing coaches, USA Volleyball directors, and officials.
- Anyone causing damage to any equipment owned by Penn Highlands or any facility used by the club for practices, tournaments, lodging or any club function will be required to reimburse the club or facility for the damages before continuing in Penn Highlands.
- Tobacco, alcohol, and drugs are prohibited.
- Profanity and inappropriate gestures will not be tolerated by players or spectators.
- Payments are due on the 15th of each month.
- Payments can be made online or payable to Penn Highlands Volleyball Club and mailed to:
- If payments are not made by this date, players will not be permitted to practice or participate in tournaments until the full payment is made.
- If the monthly payment is not one time, a $10 late fee per week will be attached to the player’s club bill until that month’s payment is made.
- There will be no refunds.
- Players are to attend all practices.
- All players must sign in with their coach at the beginning of every practice.
- Any player with 3 unexcused absences will be called before the PHVBC Board of Directors and may have their membership terminated.
- If a player is ill and home from school, or there is a genuine family emergency, players will be excused from practice.
- Players who participate in school-sanctioned high school sports or activities must provide their coach with a full schedule of that sport or activity including games and practices.
- If a player cannot be at practice, no matter the reason, it is the player’s responsibility to notify the coach as soon as possible. Telling a friend to tell the coach does not qualify.
- Players must be on time for practice. “On time” means on the court, ready to begin practice. Should a coach be running late, players are expected to begin practice on time, without instruction. If a player is running late, they must call their coach to inform them.
- ALL players are responsible for the set up and tear down of the volleyball nets at every practice.
- Players/parents are required to provide the board of directors with any dates the player will not be able to participate in tournaments.
- Excluding the submitted dates, a player must attend every tournament scheduled for her team. The only excused tournament absence is for illness, family emergency, or school-sanctioned sport or activity.
- If an illness or family emergency arises, and a player is unable to attend a tournament, players are to immediately notify their coach.
- All players are expected to be in the gym, ready to warm-up for the first scheduled game. Players need to arrive at the tournament at least 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Players who participate in a school-sanctioned sport or activity that is scheduled AT THE SAME TIME as the scheduled PHVBC practice will be excused. Players are asked to make every attempt to come to practice.
- Penn Highlands, as do all club teams, has a duty to officiate during tournaments. Penn Highlands team members must remain at the tournament site until the officiating assignments are completed. Officiating is a shared responsibility by all members of the team. Players will be excused by the coach once all tournament obligations have been fulfilled.
- Athletes and/or parents are expected to provide transportation to and from tournaments.
- Parents are expected to provide lodging or arrangements for their child at any overnight tournaments.
- If your team chooses to compete in an unscheduled championship or qualifier, there may be an additional tournament fee added to your club tuition.