2019-2020 Parent contract for PHVBC
Vision: Teach, promote, and encourage the game of volleyball to female athletes of all ages and skill levels.
Mission: Substantially elevate the level of competitive play in girls’ volleyball in the surrounding area.
Players MUST be on time for practice. “On time” means on the court, nets up. All players are responsible for net set up and tear down.
Any player with 3 unexcused practices will be called before the board of directors.
- Family Emergency
- Any school sanctioned sport or activity scheduled at the same time as PHVBC practice
- Work is NOT an excused practice!
- Inclement weather is up to the discretion of the parent, practice will be excused if the parent decides travel to practice is unsafe.
If a player cannot attend practice, she is required to notify her coach as soon as she knows that she is unable to attend. Telling a friend does NOT qualify!!
- Players must attend all scheduled tournaments.
- Players are to be on their court, ready to warm up at the time assigned by their coach.
- PHVBC has a duty to officiate during tournaments. Officiating is a shared responsibility –all PH team members must fulfill their responsibility. PH team members must remain at the tournament site until officiating assignments are complete.
- Athletes and/or parents are expected to provide transportation to and from tournaments.
- Parents are expected to provide lodging or arrangements for their child at any overnight tournaments.
- If your team wishes to attend an additional championship or qualifier not listed online, coaches must have firm written commitments for their players prior to entry in the tournament. The additional fee is determined by the tournament fee and the number of players confirming participation.
Due in hand on the 15th of each month. Payments can be mailed or submitted online. Late payments will result in: players will not be able to practice or participate in tournaments until full monthly payment is made. A $10.00 late fee per week will be attached to the player’s club bill until that months’ payment is made. Financial hardship: The Treasurer MUST receive a phone call BEFORE the payment due date. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS!!! If a player choses to quit Penn Highlands Volleyball club for ANY reason, they are still responsible to pay any remaining financial balance. In the case of an injury while participating in PHVBC the financial responsibility will be discussed by the PHVBC Board.
All players and parents are expected to positively represent PHVBC by conducting themselves in an appropriate and respectful manner to all PHVBC coaches, board members, players, parents, opposing teams, opposing coaches, USAV volleyball directors and officials.
PHVBC practices and tournaments are “open” for parents, friends, and relatives to watch. During these events players are expected to be 100 percent focused on their team. Parents are NOT permitted to “coach” from the sidelines.
No parent or family member may approach any PHVBC coach at any tournament, practice, by email or phone regarding any issue pertaining to coaching decisions, teams, or individual play. Players are encouraged to talk with their coach regarding any team concerns.
If there is a problem throughout the season dealing with inappropriate behavior or situations from players, coaches, parents, etc… please contact the club director.
PHVBC does NOT guarantee equal playing time on any team. Playing time is left to the discretion of the coach. PHVBC has the philosophy that payments are for instruction during practice. Coaches’ decisions are non-negotiable. If a player has an unexcused absence during the season, her playing time may be significantly impacted at up-coming tournaments. All board decisions are final in regards to placements on particular teams or age groups.
****It is the parent and players responsibility to check the web-site often for important information!!!! This is the main source of communication and you will need to check it often!!!
GOOD LUCK TO THE 2019-2020 TEAMS. PHVBC wishes you all a great season!!!